Come and meet Year 6
Information for parents and carers from Miss Summerfield and Mr Brooks
The teachers in Year 6 are Mrs Horgan and Mr Brooks. Mrs Townley also works across both classes
Literacy Homework is set on a Monday and needs to be completed by Friday.
Maths Homework is usually set on Friday and needs to be completed by Monday.
- Reading– children are expected to try and read with an adult at least 3 times a week. Please ensure that you sign your child’s diary regularly to let us know your child has read. This will also go towards them achieving a reading stamp! Please ask the children about our reading at home initiative.
- Reading Eggs, My Maths, TTR Rockstars and Hwb- Children all have passwords for these websites and apps. Please do encourage your children to use these digital platforms to support them with their learning.
- Kindles- Children have the opportunity to borrow Kindle devices throughout the week. We hope that this will help to encourage the pupil’s love of reading.
- P.E – Both classes have P.E on Monday.
- Uniform- Please check the uniform policy on the website to ensure the correct uniform is being worn. Can all uniform be clearly labelled with your child’s name and class.